Connectivity- 4 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN RJ-45 2 x Dual-port 10GbE add-on card supported (notBrand new. It was only opened to verify it was complete and to be photographed.
Synology RS3614XS+ Overview
The Rackstation RS3614XS+ 12-Bay NAS Server from Synology is a reliable, high-performance network attached storage solution for enterprises seeking uninterrupted service with comprehensive business applications. Scalable up to 144TB, it simplifies data management, optimizes virtualization environments and rapidly expands storage capacity with minimal time investment in setup and maintenance.
The link aggregation on the storage server provides superior performance at over 3,200+ MB/s throughput and 620,000 IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration. When the capacity of the storage server is nearing its limits, the RX1214 or the RX1214RP expansion units can easily expand it. It securely connects to the RX1214 or the RX1214RP via connection cables that are specifically designed to maximize data transmission throughput between the main server and expansion units.
The RackStation RS3614XS+ runs on the operating system, DiskStation Manager (DSM), which offers applications and features designed specifically for large-scale businesses. Windows AD and LDAP directory services integration allows this storage server to quickly and easily fit in an existing business network environment without recreating user accounts.
- High Speed Performance
- The RackStation RS3614XS+ delivers high-speed performance at over 3,200 MB/s throughput and 620,000 IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration with VLAN. Through advanced flash technology, the combination of hard drives and read-optimized SSD cache push throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte. In addition, RS3614XS+ comes with native SATA III 6Gb/s support that unleashes the full potential of SSDs, ensuring the optimum data process under heavy system loading.
In addition to default 4 Gigabit ports, RS3614XS+ comes with dual PCI Express Gen3 x8 slots, bringing you the high-speed performance that data-intensive applications demand of your storage system. The RS3614XS+ also supports dual 10GbE Network Interface Cards (NIC), which are sold separately.
Equipped with 8GB of RAM and is expandable up to 32GB of ECC RAM (sold separately), RS3614XS+ ensures data accuracy as well as high-speed performance to provide a rigorous foundation for the mission-critical tasks of your business.
- Comprehensive Business Applications
- Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS3614XS+ comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale business:
- Easy integration with existing business network environments through Windows AD and LDAP directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS3614XS+ to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Built-in backup applications protect information assets by regularly backing up files and iSCSI LUNs locally and remotely.
- Continuous data protection with snapshots of shared folders allows restoration of previous versions when the need arises.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance, providing over 3,200 MB/s in reading.
- Robust Scalability
- With 12 drive bays and up to 144TB of total storage capacity, the RS3614XS+ is designed to grow with businesses and provides the ability to seamlessly expand a single volume up to 108TB on the fly.
The RS3614XS+ supports up to 36 HDDs or SSDs for flexible capacity and balanced performance to meet the needs of varying applications and processes. When the storage capacity of the RS3614XS+ nears it limit, expansion is easily accomplished with the Synology RX1214 and RX1214RP via specially-designed connection cables to maximize data transmission throughput between main server and expansion units.
Management of the large storage space on RS3614XS+ is simple and flexible. Multiple Volumes on RAID allows users to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage the storage across all hard drives. When the need for more space arises, the volume could be easily expanded without any service disruption.
- Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
- System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. The RS3614XS+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications.
- Shared Folder Sync replicates data in real-time to another Synology NAS at a remote location for prompt disaster recovery to meet the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) of your business.
- Redundant data paths, power supplies, system fans, and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
- High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology prevents single point of failure.
- ECC RAM modules detect and correct errors during data transmission.
- Tool-free system fan design allows hot swap and easy exchange of malfunctioned system fans. With the brand-new screwless rail kit sliding: Synology RKS1314 (optional), system installation and maintenance is fast and easy.
- Unified Storage System
- By integrating file-level (NAS) and block-level (SAN) storage into one unified storage system, the RS3614XS+ enables businesses to cost-effectively manage multi-protocol data and reduce total cost of ownership:
- Comprehensive network protocol support (CIFS/SMB, AFP and NFS) ensures seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- Cost-effective iSCSI allows large scale business to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays.
- Thin provisioning, available for file-level iSCSI LUN, maximizes storage utilization by enabling administrators to oversubscribe provision and grow storage space as needed.
- Virtualization Certified
- The RS3614XS+ provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V. With VMware vSphere 5 and VAAI integration certified, the RS3614XS+ helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. As the centralized storage of a virtual environment, the RS3614XS+ enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to user. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and Synology Advanced LUN support extremely improves the efficiency on massive data transfer and migration.
Synology RS3614XS+ Specs
CPU- 3.3 GHz Intel Xeon E3 quad-core Floating point Hardware Encryption Engine
Memory- Total Memory Slots: 4 Installed: 8 GB of ECC DDR3 RAM (2 x 4 GB) Max: 32 GB (4 x 8 GB)
Storage- Drive Bays: 12 Max Drive Bays with Expansion Unit: 36 Drive Type: 3.5" SATA(III)/SATA(II) HDD, 2.5" SATA(III)/SATA(II) HDD, 2.5" SATA(III)/SATA(II) SSD Max. Internal Capacity: 48 TB (12 x 4 TB HDD)(Capacity may vary by RAID types) Hot Swappable drives supported
External Ports- 2 x USB 3.0 2 x USB 2.0 2 x Expansion
File System- Internal Drive: EXT4 External Drives: EXT4, EXT3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+
Connectivity- 4 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN RJ-45 2 x Dual-port 10GbE add-on card supported (not included, sold separately) Features: Link aggregation, wake on LAN/WAN, wireless support via dongle (not included, sold separately)
- Brand: Synology
- Condition: New
- SKU: ST0035814
- Inspected By: 3
- Item ID: 35814
- Model: RS3614xs+
- Electrical Req: 2x 120V | 50/60Hz